- SYM is one of the largest scooter manufacturers in the world and are based in Taiwan. Sanyang Industry Co. Ltd. has its main office in the Hsinchu Industrial Park in Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
- Sanyang Industry Co., LTD. Was founded in 1954 in Neihu Taipei and initially started as a manufacturer of bicycle generator lights.
- In 1962 they formed a joint venture with Honda to begin local assembly of motorcycles, the first motorcycle manufacturer in Taiwan. In 1969 assembly of small Honda cars began. As Sanyang’s own motorcycles entered direct competition with Honda’s products worldwide, the relationship was terminated in January 2002. Sanyang instead signed a contract with Hyundai and currently assembles much of their lineup for the domestic Taiwanese market.
- SYM also has ties with international companies like International Truck and Bombardier Recreational Products.
- SYM has enjoyed incredible success worldwide, has quality accredited factories, 2,400 employees and manufactures over 2,500 scooters a day!
At Scoot About, we service everything we sell and have full access to SYM parts and accessories directly through our US SYM distributor.